Listen to us on YouTube:
March 29 message: Today’s Message
Children’s Story: Click on the picture below.
March 28 message: SAUC YouTube Messages
Dear members and adherents of St Albert United Church,
As the ministry staff and members of the Worship and Education Circle of our community of faith, we want you all to know that your physical, mental and spiritual well being are top of mind for us. We hope this message finds you and your loved ones well and/or finding the supports you need to cope in the stressful time that is presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Toward that end we have put together some worship resources for you to access as you please. Please check this site regularly as additional resources will be added as they become available.
SAUC Worship Options during COVID 19
- The “presider notes” for each Sunday’s SAUC worship service will be available on the SAUC website under the “Pastoral Care” link under the “COVID 19 News” tab each week. These notes will include the prayers, hymn suggestions, readings, and message of an entire SAUC worship service that you can access at any point for personal or family meditation/worship.
- If you would like ‘online live’ worship options, here is a link that provides other churches who already have ‘streaming’ capabilities that have been put together by the national United Church of Canada: Online Workship Spaces
Offering online space for community and worship:
National resources will be posted on the national United Church page, above. For children and youth: The GO Project is offering online options. Use the following link to access the daily “Virtual Camps” for a) children and b) youth: The Go Project
- An option for those who find religious poetry to be a good meditative activity. Click on the following link. Unfolding Light
Pastoral Care Support for SAUC members and adherents who are self isolating:
- Please contact our office administrator at email@example.com members to (a) request help in getting supplies while in isolation and (b) to volunteer to pick up and deliver those supplies. Laurie will coordinate these lists and make the connections between those in need of support and the volunteer helpers.
- A “phone tree” has been set up by Church Council with members phoning our SAUC family of members and adherents to check in as a pastoral concern and to pass along important communications from the church community. Please, know you can call your “phoner” if you have concerns that the church community might be able to address or just to have a chat for your personal well being. The “phoners” will let the ministry staff know if you would like a personal contact from one of them. If you are a member or adherent of St Albert United Church and have not received a phone call, please email our office administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will pass your contact info on to those coordinating the phone tree.
https://buildfaith.org Faith Activities for all ages: Building Faith has been sharing practical wisdom with tens of thousands of readers since 2010. The site was first launched by Sharon Ely Pearson, and was subsequently passed to Virginia Theological Seminary in 2014.
storyonline.net Storyline Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
http://www.pmrfirstthirdresources.ca/ Pacific Mountain Regional Council (United Church of Canada) First Third Ministry Network: The resources on this site are in response to the expressed need for a landing place for resources and support during the global COVID-19 pandemic and its influence on our lives and in our communities of faith.
https://thegoproject.ca A United Church of Canada Program for children and youth offering daily weekday virtual camp for elementary school age children as well as other resources for children, youth and families