Noon Bible Study via Zoom video and Rev. Mervin Gallant. If you are new to this and would like to join, please contact Rev. Mervin via email so that he may send you an email
Scripture Readings for May 31, 2020
Acts 2: 1-21
John 7: 37-39
LISTEN TO US ON YOUTUBE:
- May 31 Welcome and Opening Prayers
- May 24 Welcome and Celebration and Recognition of Children and Youth
To view previous services please visit the Archived Services page.
PRESIDER NOTES FOR SERVICES
- May 31, 2020 Pentecost 2020 Presider Notes
- May 24 2020 Presider Notes 7th Sunday of Easter
SAUC WORSHIP OPTIONS DURING COVID 19
- The “presider notes” for each Sunday’s SAUC worship service will be available on the SAUC website under the “Pastoral Care” link under the “COVID 19 News” tab each week. These notes will include the prayers, hymn suggestions, readings, and message of an entire SAUC worship service that you can access at any point for personal or family meditation/worship.
- There are also “YouTube” video links for services that have been created by Rev Mervin or Rev Deborah. These are also located on the Pastoral Care web page.
- If you would like ‘online live’ worship options, here is a link that provides other churches who already have ‘streaming’ capabilities that have been put together by the national United Church of Canada: Online Workship Spaces
Offering online space for community and worship:
- National resources will be posted on the national United Church page, above. For children and youth: The GO Project is offering online options. Use the following link to access the daily “Virtual Camps” for a) children and b) youth: The Go Project
- A growing national list of worship live streams is available here.
- An option for those who find religious poetry to be a good meditative activity. Click on the following link. Unfolding Light
Pastoral Care Support for SAUC members and adherents who are self isolating:
- Please contact our office administrator at email@example.com members to (a) request help in getting supplies while in isolation and (b) to volunteer to pick up and deliver those supplies. Laurie will coordinate these lists and make the connections between those in need of support and the volunteer helpers.
- A “phone tree” has been set up by Church Council with members phoning our SAUC family of members and adherents to check in as a pastoral concern and to pass along important communications from the church community. Please, know you can call your “phoner” if you have concerns that the church community might be able to address or just to have a chat for your personal well being. The “phoners” will let the ministry staff know if you would like a personal contact from one of them. If you are a member or adherent of St Albert United Church and have not received a phone call, please email our office administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will pass your contact info on to those coordinating the phone tree.
- https://buildfaith.org Faith Activities for all ages: Building Faith has been sharing practical wisdom with tens of thousands of readers since 2010. The site was first launched by Sharon Ely Pearson, and was subsequently passed to Virginia Theological Seminary in 2014.
- storyonline.net Storyline Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- http://www.pmrfirstthirdresources.ca/ Pacific Mountain Regional Council (United Church of Canada) First Third Ministry Network: The resources on this site are in response to the expressed need for a landing place for resources and support during the global COVID-19 pandemic and its influence on our lives and in our communities of faith.
- https://thegoproject.ca A United Church of Canada Program for children and youth offering daily weekday virtual camp for elementary school age children as well as other resources for children, youth and families