Please come back often to this page to find out what the latest news is regarding church services and events. Every day brings us new information and we want to keep you informed about what is happening at the church. Contact numbers and email addresses for our ministers and the office are at the bottom of each web page.
Re-Open Team Update….
The Re-Open Team has been meeting weekly and we are glad to say that we have a solid framework for a Phase 2 re-entry plan. We are awaiting the results of the survey so that we can incorporate the feedback we receive into the final protocols and we are excited to say that we have had over 100 responses thus far! Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts. We know that many of you are anxious to resume meetings at the church and I’m glad to say that we are getting closer to making that possible very soon. That being said, this virus refuses to go away so we all must do our part to slow the spread. Please stay safe and follow the guidance of Dr. Hinshaw and we can, hopefully, see one another in person soon(ish)!?
SURVEY – REOPENING THE CHURCH
We are looking for your feedback about resuming in-person worship services this fall. Phase 2 of the provincial COVID19 guidelines allow churches to re-open under certain conditions, and we want to know what needs to be in place for you to be comfortable returning to in-person worship. But, resuming in-person worship doesn’t mean things would be the same as they were before the pandemic.
ALL SURVEY RESPONSES ARE ANONYMOUS AND ALL ANSWERS WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL.
You can find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2MF7BCX.
Hard copies of the survey are available and, if you know someone who may need a paper copy, please email the church at email@example.com and we will make
arrangements to get one to them.
MUSIC LIVES ON
The pandemic has changed many aspects of our shared worship experience but music has not disappeared! While we cannot sing hymns together as a congregation and it may be some time before the choir can sing together as a group, we can enjoy a wide range of
instruments including handbells as well as vocal solos and small ensembles (duets, trios) during live-streamed services. Every effort will be made to keep musicians safe: proper distancing, sanitizing protocols, and masks as required. All styles of music can be
explored. Do you know somebody who plays a instrument? Plays the guitar? Loves to sing? Please have them contact Margaret Ward-Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noon Bible Study via Zoom video and Rev. Mervin Gallant. If you are new to this and would like to join, please contact Rev. Mervin via email so that he may send you an email
Videos for Palm Sunday, each day of Holy Week and Easter Sunday – Videos
Listen to us on YouTube: March 29 – message
Update re: COVID-19
SAUC WORSHIP OPTIONS DURING COVID 19
- The “presider notes” for each Sunday’s SAUC worship service will be available on the SAUC website under the “SERVICES” tab. News” tab. These notes will include the prayers, hymn suggestions, readings, and message of an entire SAUC worship service that you can access at any point for personal or family meditation/worship.
- There are also “YouTube” video links for services that have been created by Rev Mervin or Rev Deborah. These are also located on the SERVICES web page.
- If you would like ‘online live’ worship options, here is a link that provides other churches who already have ‘streaming’ capabilities that have been put together by the national United Church of Canada: Online Workship Spaces
Offering online space for community and worship:
- National resources will be posted on the national United Church page, above. For children and youth: The GO Project is offering online options. Use the following link to access the daily “Virtual Camps” for a) children and b) youth: The Go Project
- A growing national list of worship live streams is available here.
- An option for those who find religious poetry to be a good meditative activity. Click on the following link. Unfolding Light
Pastoral Care Support for SAUC members and adherents who are self isolating:
- Please contact our office administrator at email@example.com members to (a) request help in getting supplies while in isolation and (b) to volunteer to pick up and deliver those supplies. Laurie will coordinate these lists and make the connections between those in need of support and the volunteer helpers.
- A “phone tree” has been set up by Church Council with members phoning our SAUC family of members and adherents to check in as a pastoral concern and to pass along important communications from the church community. Please, know you can call your “phoner” if you have concerns that the church community might be able to address or just to have a chat for your personal well being. The “phoners” will let the ministry staff know if you would like a personal contact from one of them. If you are a member or adherent of St Albert United Church and have not received a phone call, please email our office administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will pass your contact info on to those coordinating the phone tree.
- https://buildfaith.org Faith Activities for all ages: Building Faith has been sharing practical wisdom with tens of thousands of readers since 2010. The site was first launched by Sharon Ely Pearson, and was subsequently passed to Virginia Theological Seminary in 2014.
- storyonline.net Storyline Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- http://www.pmrfirstthirdresources.ca/ Pacific Mountain Regional Council (United Church of Canada) First Third Ministry Network: The resources on this site are in response to the expressed need for a landing place for resources and support during the global COVID-19 pandemic and its influence on our lives and in our communities of faith.
- https://thegoproject.ca A United Church of Canada Program for children and youth and families.