Please come back often to this page to find out what the latest news is regarding church services and events. Every day brings us new information and we want to keep you informed about what is happening at the church. Contact numbers and email addresses for our ministers and the office are at the bottom of each web page.
Dec 17 SAUC Covid-19 Statement regarding Services and pastoral care.
We are now several weeks into our return to in-person Sunday worship and I’m
pleased to share that things have been going fairly smoothly.
The protocols for Sunday Worship remain largely unchanged and the most
important areas we remain focused on are ensuring that we observe proper social
distancing and that we remain diligent with the proper use of cloth or nonsurgical masks covering your nose and mouth. To allow for two meters of space
between cohort groups, every other row has been blocked off using green
masking tape and the rule of thumb, to leave three empty chairs between groups,
Thus far, our Sunday Morning attendance has not reached our limited capacity,
but to maintain accurate records of those who have attended, we ask that you
continue to pre-register for Sunday worship each week. Pre-registering helps us
to expedite the check-in process on Sunday mornings and to prevent people from
standing in the cold due to a line up in the entryway.
For those who are more comfortable with the telephone than a computer, you
can register by calling the office and speaking to Laurie. For those registering
online, the link to the TicketLeap website is posted to the church website each
week and registration will be allowed starting at noon on each Wednesday. You
can register right up until Sunday morning before the service. The Registration button can be found on the Home page of our website and on the Services page of our web site Wednesday to Sunday.
After clicking on the Registration button, the first page you will see looks like the picture below and you can register by following these easy steps:
• Click on the Register button.
• Enter the number of tickets you need and click Register again.
• Enter the name for each attendee.
• Answer the COVID symptom questions for each attendee. If you check any
of the symptom boxes, please do not proceed any further with your
registration for that Sunday. If none of the boxes are checked, click on
Register and you are finished.
• To add the event to your electronic calendar, click the “ADD TO
• You will receive a confirmation email and do NOT need to print any tickets. Your name will automatically be on the list at the church for that Sunday.
For many, the return to our church building has been uplifting and we are grateful
to be gathering once again. We remain very aware of the increasing number of
COVID cases in the Capital Region and we understand that, for many, they are not
comfortable meeting in person yet. We have been working toward being able to
live-stream our Sunday services so that those who prefer to stay home can
participate from the comfort of home. The last technical issues are still being
worked on by Telus so we will continue to upload the services to our YouTube
channel as soon as possible following worship.
For those working through feelings/anxiety about coming back to in-person
worship, this video about making faithful decisions about re-entry to gathered
worship in buildings produced for the United Church of Canada may be helpful in
If you have any questions about the safety protocols, feel free to reach out to
myself or Laurie in the office. Below is a link to a brief video that walks you
through what to expect when you come to church this Sunday
Video – What to Expect
MUSIC LIVES ON
The pandemic has changed many aspects of our shared worship experience but music has not disappeared! While we cannot sing hymns together as a congregation and it may be some time before the choir can sing together as a group, we can enjoy a wide range of
instruments including handbells as well as vocal solos and small ensembles (duets, trios) during live-streamed services. Every effort will be made to keep musicians safe: proper distancing, sanitizing protocols, and masks as required. All styles of music can be
explored. Do you know somebody who plays a instrument? Plays the guitar? Loves to sing? Please have them contact Margaret Ward-Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noon Bible Study via Zoom video and Rev. Mervin Gallant. If you are new to this and would like to join, please contact Rev. Mervin via email so that he may send you an email
Videos for Palm Sunday, each day of Holy Week and Easter Sunday – Videos
Listen to us on YouTube: March 29 – message
Update re: COVID-19
SAUC WORSHIP OPTIONS DURING COVID 19
- The “presider notes” for each Sunday’s SAUC worship service will be available on the SAUC website under the “SERVICES” tab. News” tab. These notes will include the prayers, hymn suggestions, readings, and message of an entire SAUC worship service that you can access at any point for personal or family meditation/worship.
- There are also “YouTube” video links for services that have been created by Rev Mervin or Rev Deborah. These are also located on the SERVICES web page.
- If you would like ‘online live’ worship options, here is a link that provides other churches who already have ‘streaming’ capabilities that have been put together by the national United Church of Canada: Online Workship Spaces
Offering online space for community and worship:
- National resources will be posted on the national United Church page, above. For children and youth: The GO Project is offering online options. Use the following link to access the daily “Virtual Camps” for a) children and b) youth: The Go Project
- A growing national list of worship live streams is available here.
- An option for those who find religious poetry to be a good meditative activity. Click on the following link. Unfolding Light
Pastoral Care Support for SAUC members and adherents who are self isolating:
- Please contact our office administrator at email@example.com members to (a) request help in getting supplies while in isolation and (b) to volunteer to pick up and deliver those supplies. Laurie will coordinate these lists and make the connections between those in need of support and the volunteer helpers.
- A “phone tree” has been set up by Church Council with members phoning our SAUC family of members and adherents to check in as a pastoral concern and to pass along important communications from the church community. Please, know you can call your “phoner” if you have concerns that the church community might be able to address or just to have a chat for your personal well being. The “phoners” will let the ministry staff know if you would like a personal contact from one of them. If you are a member or adherent of St Albert United Church and have not received a phone call, please email our office administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will pass your contact info on to those coordinating the phone tree.
- https://buildfaith.org Faith Activities for all ages: Building Faith has been sharing practical wisdom with tens of thousands of readers since 2010. The site was first launched by Sharon Ely Pearson, and was subsequently passed to Virginia Theological Seminary in 2014.
- storyonline.net Storyline Online: The SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy website, Storyline Online, streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- http://www.pmrfirstthirdresources.ca/ Pacific Mountain Regional Council (United Church of Canada) First Third Ministry Network: The resources on this site are in response to the expressed need for a landing place for resources and support during the global COVID-19 pandemic and its influence on our lives and in our communities of faith.
- https://thegoproject.ca A United Church of Canada Program for children and youth and families.